Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Date of Birth||August 11|
|Flame||Sky/Flame of Wrath|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 158|
|Anime Debut||Episode 58|
Ricardo (リカルド, Rikarudō) was the second boss of the Vongola Famiglia. He first appeared when the previous Vongola Bosses gathered during the Vongola Trial. His Dying Will Flame became known as the Flame of Wrath, which Xanxus - who coincidentally looks similar in appearance - inherited. It is said that during his reign, he was the fear of the underworld (though it is implied that this is a rumor) because of his Flame of Wrath's incredibly destructive power. When using it, he wields no supporting weapon and instead only shoots his Flames out from his hands.
According to the Ninth, the Vongola's ways began to change starting from the second's reign. From this, we can infer that he was a more violent man than Giotto. Ricardo was also stated to have unrivaled combat abilities and an intensity which Xanxus also shares.
Ricardo has long black hair that is tied up similar to Future Mukuro. His eyes are green and he wears a black suit with a brown dress shirt underneath. Similar to adult Reborn, Ricardo also has sideburns that are pointy at the end, making them his most noticeable characteristic. Xanxus and Xanxus's Mother resemble him. Like Xanxus, his eyebrows have a slightly unusual shape.
Not much has been revealed about Ricardo's past. It can be assumed that he is related to Primo since only those with Vongola Blood are able to wield the Sky Vongola Ring. After Daemon betrayed the first-generation family, he later became Secondo's Mist Guardian through unknown circumstances. Their relationship with each other has not been shown, but Ricardo was probably admired by Daemon because his personality fit the profile of Daemon's desired Vongola Boss.
He briefly appears in a flashback when Xanxus' ability to use the Flame of Wrath is explained.
Secondo appears along with the rest of the previous Vongola Bosses when Tsuna was to undergo the Vongola Trial. While Tsuna was trapped in Future Hibari's Cloud Hedgehog Box Weapon, his Vongola Ring emitted images to his head. The previous Vongola Bosses stated that they were the past sins and crimes of the Vongola. The previous bosses demanded Tsuna to accept the bloody history of the Vongola if he wanted to be strong, but Tsuna refused to do so and stated that he would rather destroy the Vongola than accept their sins. Vongola Primo and the other bosses accepted Tsuna's resolve as the successor to the Vongola and granted him the succession of the Vongola. Tsuna's X-Gloves were then upgraded into the X-Gloves Version Vongola Ring as proof that he was given the Vongola inheritance.
Secondo makes another brief appearance when Olgert monologues about Xanxus' resemblance to him.
Weapons and AbilitiesEdit
- Flame of Wrath - Vongola Secondo was the only Vongola boss that did not use a weapon, but instead an ability called the "Flame of Wrath." It was said to be the most destructive Flame among all of the Vongola Bosses.
- According to Xanxus, it was because of his power that Giotto moved to Japan, out of fear of facing the new boss's anger himself. Daemon Spade however, later states that this is false, claiming that it was he who forced Giotto to step down despite being one of his Guardians.
- During the battle between Rasiel and Xanxus, Olgert stated that Xanxus, in appearance and personality, resembles Vongola Secondo.
- The name Ricardo means "powerful leader".
- In the Viz Media translation of the REBORN! manga, it was said that the 2nd Generation heirs of the Vongola and Tomaso killed each other off. However, in another translation it says that they were just "involved in a large skirmish during the second generation."
- During the Vongola Inheritance trial, Ricardo was one of the few bosses who spoke.