|Vongola Decimo & Guardians|
|Name||Vongola Decimo & Guardians|
|Romaji Title||Bongore Decimo to Shugoshatachi|
|Serving Under||Vongola Famiglia|
Vongola Decimo & Guardians are the tenth generation Boss and Guardians of the Vongola. All the Guardians in Tsuna's Family have had some connection with Tsuna prior to becoming his Guardians except for Chrome, who became a semi-Guardian through Mukuro.
Tsuna himself never chose his Guardians, the group being chosen by his tutor Reborn and his father Iemitsu Sawada.
This generation could be called, in a way, the true successors of the Vongola, as they alone were approved by the 1st Generation Boss and Guardians and gained access to the Original Vongola Rings, an accomplishment that the eight generations before them hadn't achieved. They were also called the "second coming of the first Vongola Famiglia" by Daemon Spade.
Also known as the “Vongola Decimo”, the 10th Generation Boss who is said to have inherited the will of the First Vongola Boss, Giotto, Tsuna became the reluctant boss of the Vongola, often denying his role. Tsuna doesn't see himself as the boss, but rather fights to protect those he cares about.
Tsuna has a tendency to accept anyone, even past enemies, a trait which he shares with the Vongola Primo.
Respected by his Guardians and the current Vongola boss, the Ninth, Tsuna is said to have what it takes to steer the Vongola to what it originally was, a vigilante group, and clear its blood-stained name.
Tsuna's understanding of his Guardians and acceptance of past enemies fulfills the role of the Vongola Sky Boss which is "Rain, Storm, Cloud, Sun, Mist, and Lightning, he influences all of them. He understands and accepts all of them."
The Storm Guardian of the 10th Generation Vongola Famiglia, Gokudera follows his boss through thick and thin, and initially didn't mind dying for the sake of the Vongola. However, after getting to know his boss better, Gokudera's suicide-like tendencies subsided, and now looks to somehow survive each battle, so as to be able to laugh with his friends again once the battle is over.
Gokudera's pride is in being a Guardian, and in the future he achieves his dream of becoming the right hand man of Tsuna. He's said to resemble his predecessor G. in personality and fighting style. His fighting style and personality fits the role of the Vongola Guardian of Storm, which is "Continuously at the heart of the attack, the furious Storm that never rests."
The Rain Guardian of the 10th Generation Vongola Famiglia, Yamamoto initially believed that the "mafia" was a game being played by his friends, and joined willingly, eager to be part of the group.
Yamamoto is the sole swordsman among the Guardians, a trait he shares with the 1st Generation Vongola Rain Guardian Asari Ugetsu. Yamamoto is extremely proud of his sword style, the Shigure Soen, which he inherited from his father, Tsuyoshi Yamamoto, often saying that his sword style is a perfect style and second to none, and will not let anyone look down on it.
Although generally friendly, Yamamoto is quite powerful in battle, often defying the odds by beating opponents said to be more powerful than him. His agility and reflexes have people calling him a natural-born hitman.
Yamamoto is one of the more calm people among the 10th Generation Guardians, and has often solved any squabbles that may arise, and thus fulfills the role of the Rain Guardian which is "To become a blessed shower that settles conflict and washes everything away."
The highly energetic Sun Guardian of the 10th Generation Vongola Famiglia, Ryohei has the tendency to overdo whatever he sets out to do. Whether its a 1000 push-ups or early morning jogs, Ryohei does whatever it takes to stay in prime condition.
Ryohei's pride is his boxing, a trait he shares with the First Generation Sun Guardian Knuckle. He is willing to bet it all on his boxing and bases his fights on the rules of boxing, such as a fight always being one-on-one. The Sun Guardian of the Vongola Famiglia does whatever is required of him to protect his friends, Famiglia, and family, even if it puts his own body at risk, and thus fulfills the role of the Vongola Sun Guardian, which is "Destroying the misfortune that attacks the Famiglia with their own body, they become the Sun that brightly shines upon an area."
The Cloud Guardian of the 10th Generation Vongola Famiglia, Kyoya Hibari is a person who hates crowds and prefers to be alone.
Often regarded as the strongest Guardian of the 10th Generation Famiglia, Hibari has a lust for battle, and enjoys battling strong opponents. The respect he has for a person depends on the strength of the individual.
Hibari's lone wolf attitude is a trait he shares with the first generation Cloud Guardian, Alaude, as they both hated company, and preferred to do things alone.
Although he has the tendency to distance himself from the rest of the Famiglia, Hibari will step in if his comrades are in danger. His ability in battle and his lone wolf attitude fulfills the role of the Cloud Guardian in the Vongola Famiglia, which is "To be the aloof, drifting Cloud that protects the Family from an independent standpoint, and whom nothing can ever bind".
The Lightning Guardian of the 10th Generation Vongola Famiglia, originally from the Bovino Famiglia, Lambo is a 5-year-old kid with an overly large ego. Lambo is by far the youngest 10th generation Guardian, and, as such, the rest of the Guardians try to keep him out of battle as much as they possibly can.
Lambo has the tendency to irritate those around him with his behavior and way of thinking. However his family care for him greatly, going to great lengths to keep him safe.
The few times that Lambo does battle, he uses the Ten Year Bazooka to switch with his 15 year old self. As a 15 year old, Lambo's combat capabilities have greatly improved, and he gives off a calmer and more subtle aura.
Due to being struck by lightning countless times, Lambo's physiology has changed in such a way that Lambo's skin can easily conduct electricity, thus allowing him to fulfill the role of the Vongola Lightning Guardian, which is "To draw damage to himself and away from the rest of the Famiglia, serving as a lightning rod."
Since then, Mukuro has aided the Vongola many times, always stating that he will one day take over Tsuna. However, due to Mukuro being locked away in the Vendicare Prison, his participation is limited. Due to this, Chrome Dokuro, one of his followers, assumes the role of the Mist Guardian during his absence. If the situation demands it, Mukuro can take over Chrome's body and fight. Mukuro's way of deceit and his mastery of illusions fullfills the role of the Vongola Mist Guardian, which is "Creating something from nothing, and nothing from something; thus bewildering the enemy, to render the Famiglia's true form intangible with visions of deceit."
Because Chrome gave the Mist Earring Vongola Gear, this technically makes Mukuro the official Guardian of the Mist.
Despite how Mukuro is technically the official Guardian of the Mist because Chrome gave Mukuro the Mist Earring Vongola Gear, Chrome is still treated as a Guardian.
- Vongola Decimo & Guardians are represented by an "X" logo on their respective weapons from Inheritance Ceremony Arc onwards.
- All of Tsuna's Guardians had a relationship with him prior to gaining their Vongola Rings; several were Tsuna's classmates, emphasizing the "Family" aspect of the Guardians' roles within the Mafia.
- Because the Mist Guardian was once two people sharing one body (Chrome Dokuro and Mukuro Rokudo), fans debated over which one was the actual Vongola Guardian. As it is still unclear who the official Guardian of Mist is, it is known that Iemitsu chose Mukuro, who was using Chrome's body, to become the Guardian of the Mist Ring during the Varia Arc. Despite this, both are able to use Mukuro's Cambio Forma in the Future Arc. Although, it should also be noted that Mukuro was the one who changed the ore to Vongola Gear as well as being the last one seen wearing the Earring of the Mist Version X.
- Hibari is Tsuna's oldest guardian and Lambo is his youngest, while Mukuro is his tallest guardian and Lambo is also his shortest.
- Excluding Yamamoto and Chrome, all of Tsuna's guardians at one point were deemed as antagonistic towards him as the following:
- Gokudera attacked him with dynamite under the pretense of wanting to become boss.
- Ryohei fought him during a boxing tournament.
- Lambo was Reborn's rival and while not intentionally attacking Tsuna, he managed to cause him trouble.
- Hibari, as head of the disciplinary committee, punished Tsuna on multiple occasions for breaking rules.
- Mukuro was the main antagonist of Kokuyo Arc and leader of Kokuyo Junior High Gang.
- There are many similarities between the members of Giotto and Tsuna's Families:
- Giotto and Tsuna look alike, have the same near-range combat Weapon, their respective Gloves (though Tsuna's Glove has a "X" on it instead of an Giotto's "I") and similar techniques (Zero Point Breakthrough). They both care deeply for their friends, and neither act like normal Mafia as a result of their desire to protect their loved ones.
- G. and Gokudera look alike and are also their Boss' right-hand man. Both are skilled in mid-range combat: the first Storm Guardian used a Bow and Arrow and Gokudera used Bombs, both mid-range combat Weapons; Gokudera's Vongola Box is also based on the First Storm Guardian's Bow and Arrow. They were the first members of their families, and G., as stated by Fon, had the same impulsive personality as Gokudera.
- Ugetsu Asari and Yamamoto look similar; they both use four Swords and have deep devotions to their boss (Giotto and Tsuna) and friends. Both were also faced with the decision to give up something they loved to follow the path of the Blade: the First Rain Guardian gave up music to help Giotto when he was in trouble, and Yamamoto gave up baseball to help Tsuna and Ugetsu has the same cheerful and easy-going personality as Yamamoto.
- Knuckle and Ryohei used their fists to fight and were boxers; they look alike and both have a bandage on their nose but have different hair colors and style. In the future Ryohei noted that he can't kill; which is a reference to the fact that after the First Sun Guardian accidentally killed someone he became inactive due to being afraid of taking another life. Both like to use the word "Extreme" a lot.
- Lampo and Lambo look alike and are cowards; both have been put into battle, though Tsuna doesn't want Lambo to participate though he needed to do so because of his status as a Vongola Guardian. Both highly respected their respective Bosses, with Lampo not being able to say no to Giotto and Lambo thinking of Tsuna as an older brother.
- Alaude and Hibari look similar, but have different eye and hair color. They have both been said to be the strongest guardians of their families; Dino has stated that Hibari reminds him of the First Vongola Cloud Guardian as the First never stood alongside the Family or got along with anyone, and that he loved being alone. Both also worked in law enforcement, the First Cloud Guardian was the first head of CEDEF and Hibari was the head of his school prefects. It has also been stated by Knuckle that when Alaude was younger, he shared the same bloodlust as Hibari.
- Daemon Spade and Mukuro have similar looks and personalities, and they are also the least trustworthy members of the guardians. They do, however, have contrasting visions, with one looking to make the Vongola more powerful and the other looking to destroy the Mafia. However, the co-holder of the Mist Ring, Chrome, have nothing in common with Daemon.
- Elena and Chrome have nothing in common in terms of looks; however, both women are the reason the respective Mist Guardians, Daemon and Mukuro, help out the Vongola Famiglia. Being the only two mentioned and included in the main Famiglia, they are closest to the Mist Guardians as Elena was Daemon's lover and Chrome shared a body with Mukuro. Chrome does harbor feelings towards Mukuro as well but it is unknown if he feels the same way.
- Tsuna's Guardians have all had a different way of referring to him. Gokudera calls him Tenth, Ryohei calls him Sawada, Chrome calls him Boss, Hibari calls him a herbivore or small animal when speaking to him directly, and Mukuro almost always refers to him by his full name. Only Yamamoto and Lambo both call him Tsuna, though Lambo regularly adds the No-Good part in front of it while Yamamoto doesn't.