It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
Verde is the holder of the Lightning Arcobaleno Pacifier, and his animal partner appears to be a crocodile or alligator named Keiman. Verde was briefly mentioned by Reborn as the person who sent assassins to kill Tsuna. Apparently, Verde has knowledge about camouflage and invisibility, so he gave his subordinates Optical Camouflage suits that are able to make them invisible to everyone but children. Verde believed that he should be able to see his subordinates in case they ever tried to sneak up on him in an attempt to kill him. Verde is also one of the three scientists who developed the Box Weapons in the Future, where he is said to be dead.
In the anime during the Arcobaleno Trials Arc, Verde was said to break the Arcobaleno "pact" after he immobilized the other Arcobaleno (including Lal Mirch), which states that the Arcobaleno cannot attack each other; otherwise, all the other Arcobaleno are given permission to attack back, causing internal strife among the Arcobaleno.
Character Outline Edit
He doesn't seem to care about anything except his experiments, even going as far as to destroy anyone who would resist, including the other Arcobaleno. However, he will repay debts that he owes.
He is a bespectacled man with spiky green hair and purple eyes. Like Doctor Shamal, Verde always wears a long, white lab coat.
Plot Overview Edit
Verde asked Valensa and Toras to assassinate the Vongola 10th candidate, Tsunayoshi Sawada, with a poison. The plan failed when Basil and I-Pin came and fought them and won with the help of Ryohei and Yamamoto when Basil cut the trap with his Triangular Blade.
Verde and the rest of the Arcobaleno are called by Reborn to train Tsuna and the others, each member of Tsuna's Family paired up with the Arcobaleno with the same Flame. Unlike the other Arcobaleno, Verde didn't show himself until Lambo's test, where he once again showed his unwillingness to help. Instead, he performed tests on Lambo as he was interested in how Lambo was able to endure so much electrical shock, stating that he had shocked Lambo with enough electricity to "power the entire town" and that he was merely fueling his ambition. Later, he also sent robots after Lambo to try and harness that Ability. When those robots were defeated by Tsuna's Guardians, he took Lambo in a larger robot, controlled manually by himself. However Lambo, who became frightened, set off a huge electrical charge and destroyed the robot.
After being revived by Yuni along with the rest of the Arcobaleno, Verde quickly showed his intellect, by explaining that the re-writing of the dimensions by sealing the Mare Rings in the past was "a miracle" to Shoichi Irie. Tsuna commented that he spoke way too maturely for how he looked. He later assisted in returning Tsuna and his Guardians to the Past, at the same time transforming their Vongola Box Weapons into Vongola Box Rings, explaining that he would not betray them, as he had a debt to repay to Yuni. After sealing the Mare Rings in the Past with the other Arcobaleno, he returned to the Future to find the Future Vongola.
Verde, like all of the other Arcobaleno, had the same dream, meeting Checker Face, who offered to revert the strongest Arcobaleno to his original form, provided they find someone to fight for them. At first, he expresses his disbelief over the man's trustworthiness, but after the man threatened to leave them with their infant body for the rest of their life, which the other Arcobaleno agreed to, sans Reborn, Verde agreed, saying that it would be exciting. Later, he is shown to have gone to Kokuyo Land to request Mukuro Rokudo's help. Later, he appears at Namimori along with the Kokuyo Junior High Gang, accompanying Mukuro, who went to declare "war" on Tsuna and his Guardians. The night before the Representative Battle of the Rainbow started, Verde unveils to Mukuro his "new-generation weapons."
After the Vindice's ambush on Mukuro's team, Verde started to lose interest in the Representative Battle finding it boring. He explained that he never really care about his curse and participating just because he wanted to give Reborn a good scare. However, since the situation started to become dangerous and he cannot focus himself on his research, he told Mukuro that he can quit whenever he wants to. Mukuro refused this offer since he needs something in the Representative Battle. At the start of the third battle, he and Reborn formed a temporary alliance to defeat the three Vindice that attacking them.
After Reborn and Tsuna returned from the Vindice prison, he and the other Arcobaleno gathered to discuss Bermuda's plan. When they heard Reborn's possibility to join Bermuda in order to destroy the Arcobaleno system, Verde objected the idea, stating that he refuse to die because of someone else's scheme, causing him to being punched by Reborn and the meeting become a huge argument. After witnessing Tsuna's resolve and plan, however, all of the Arcobaleno agreed to work together to defeat Bermuda.
During the fourth battle, he, Spanner, and Shoichi Irie create the Decoy Puppet for the Alliance Teamto use. When Squalo, Byakuran, and Xanxus are defeated by Jager, cornering the team, Verde use his curse release time to become adult and fight Jager by riding Green Mosca that he, Spanner, and Shoichi have made specially for the battle.
Weapons and Abilities Edit
- Lightning Pacifier: As one of the "I Prescelti Sette" Verde possesses an Arcobaleno Pacifier.
- Lightning Starfish: A Lightning Box Weapon prototype used by Verde that is coated in Lightning Flames both when attacking by spinning horizontally as well as when not.
- Decoy Puppet: Verde along with Shoichi Irie and Spanner made a construct comprised of a machine with a speaker capable of imitating a person's voice and heartbeat as well as a lantern capable of being lit by the Dying Will Flame of a person and an outer shell identical to the person the puppet is intended to replace.
- Green Mosca: Created by Verde, using the latest Mosca frame built by Spanner and adding his cutting-edge military technology created this super robot. Verde needed to release his curse to use it because the Mosca require a lot of flame energy to work. The Green Mosca is equipped with a heat sensor to locate the enemy even if they can warp. Its main weapon is a laser called Sonic Laser. It has a retractable arm called Quick Arm and can use a powerful technique using the Flames of the Sky called Solid State Attribute Flame Blast.
- Electrico Thunder: His special attack is called Electrico Thunder which calls down powerful paralyzing Lightning, but it didn't affect Lambo who has a special body that is immune to Lightning.
- Sonic Laser: From the Green Mosca Verde emits a laser of lightning flames.
- Solid State Attribute Flame Blast: Using the Green Mosca Verde releases a powerful technique using the Flames of the Sky that creates an explosive blast.
Notable Inventions Edit
- Optical Camouflage: A suit that allows the user to camouflage themself. Since Verde was afraid his subordinates would eventually try and betray him, he made it so that only people under a certain age could see people camouflaged by it.
- Box Weapons: Verde along with Koenig and Innocenti solved the technical issues in Lorenzini's Box Animal designs and produced a prototype. Later they successfully perfected and manufactured the 343 Box Animals designed by Lorenzini and also researched and developed new types of Boxes.
- Vongola Box Rings: Rings that contain the future Vongola Boxes' Box Animals, as they couldn't be brought back to the past
- Reality Illusion Gloves: A pair of gloves that can turn illusions into actual, solid things. However, the illusion will slowly start to disappear and will fully disintegrate after a day.
- He is interested in Lambo's Elettrico Cornata.
- He, along with Innocenti and Koenig, made the Box Weapons and sold them to the Mafia Famiglias for incredibly low prices, which however ultimately resulted in their demise.
- Verde's name is the Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Romanian word for "green," which is also the color of his Pacifier and hair.