This is the talk page for the article "Cozarto Simon".
According to Giotto in chapter 308, "Cozart" is Shimon's family name, not the other way around. Not to mention, he's Italian, so, as a foreigner, his name is always written in western format (given name followed by family name) even when writing Japanese. The Katakana reads "Shimon Kozaato", so this page should be moved to "Shimon Cozart" and be editted accordingly. ReaperX24 10:16, December 20, 2010 (UTC)
Shimon and Simon Edit
I don't get it you guys already changed basically every Shimon to Simon why not Cozarto Shimon? That doesn't really make sense. --Cococrash11 23:38, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
- His name is Shimon; the family's name is Simon. IEatSoul has his name as Cozarto Shimon and the family's name as Simon. Don't ask me why, I guess Akiro Amano wanted it this way. The one that floats over the Wiki... Chrome9669 23:47, December 25, 2010 (UTC)
Right now Ieatmanga said its Cozart Simon. --Cococrash11 20:52, January 23, 2011 (UTC)
Cozarto --> Cozzato Edit
I'm wondering when Cozarto names will be replaced into Cozzato. Also, this page should be renamed Simon Cozzato, because as shown here , it has become official that his name is Simon Cozzato (given name - surname).
- The blog post is way too vague... While I think that the name change might be true, the blog post just states it; it doesn't give proof. If you could find something that gives proof that Cozarto's name is Cozzato, then we would change it. —
- Also, even if you were to come up with a romanji-official pic that has the name, products are still vague/the difference in kanji Japanese to English. Now, normally names do not translate but with our other cases, as in Flan, Yuni, or Daemon/Demon, it's iffy, seeing how they COULD be names more popular to other countries (seeing how the Mafia is associated with Italy and there are subtle hints of Italian always) or the way you would spell them in English. What i'm saying is IF we go by products for Cozart, like another Vongola77 or Colore or character cards, then the other names would have to change too seeing the romajis are readable. Just saying. Fiamma di Armonia - Sky ♥ Chrome9669 15:23, December 27, 2011 (UTC)
- To ChaosVoid: Are you saying that I can't argue you with this ? It is originally a cropped scan by stradas, who got her hand on the tankoubon... I think it's official enough?
- To Chrome9669: um, I don't understand this. Are you saying that the characters name need to be somewhat related to Italian names? Would this help in anything? I'm only thinking that because it is clearly written there (on the scanned tankoubon's character introduction's page), then the name is official... ja. Sorry if my argument is wrong.
- MoonlightSelenia, the undefeatable fangirl. (talk) 00:17, December 31, 2011 (UTC)
- Following up on Chrome9669's statement... MoonlightSelenia, I didn't see that picture on that tumblr post, so that seems good enough. However, that's like our Fran --> Flan and Uni --> Yuni thing. For example, Furan in romanji could be translated to Flan or Fran. Yuni's kanji in romanji is officially 'Yuni', but in Reborn fanbooks, it's spelled Uni. I was wrong in saying that we would change it if we had evidence, I think. You put up a good argument, but in my opinion (idk about Chrome9669's, she's the main kanji-romanji, etc. admin) you put up a pretty good argument. However, as the wiki mainly just follows IES (IEatSoul) translations, I would opt to stay with Cozarto. —
simon primo and guardian Edit
we must create the page about his guardians?? there is the simon member that look like Julie Katou and the girl that look like Adelheid Suzuki. they are unnamed but if the first and the ten family is similar like the vongola one they are the desert guardian and the glacer guardian Nitram86 18:57, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
- There's nothing really to mention on them. It'd be a waste of a big space since the only member we have more than "just a guardian" is Magi. Fiamma di Armonia - Sky ♥ Chrome9669 00:44, April 26, 2012 (UTC)