Namimori is a fictional Japanese town and the initial setting for the story. It is the place where the main protagonists all met and where they all live. Most members of the Vongola Famiglia attend school here, and Namimori is the catalyst setting for most friendships and rivalries in the story, several battles being situated there as well. It is also where Namimori Middle School, Namimori Shrine, Namimori Diner, and Merone Base (the latter being in the future) are located. Namimori holds many significant events and locations.
- All of the Ring Battles are at Namimori Middle School.
- The battle between Gokudera, Yamamoto, and Future Hibari vs Gamma is at the Namimori Shrine.
- The Merone Base Invasion during the Future Arc takes place there.
- The battle between the Vongola Famiglia and Millefiore Famiglia takes place there during the Future Arc.
- It is where the Arcobaleno Trials took place.
- The Vongola Primo & Guardians appear here during the Inheritance Succession Arc.
- The Vongola Decimo's Inheritance Ceremony occurs in a castle nearby.
- The Vongola hideout in the future is situated here.
- TakeSushi, a sushi restaurant owned by Tsuyoshi Yamamoto and frequented by Belphegor, is in Namimori.
- Shoichi's school, Yumei Private Middle School, is in Namimori.
The main characters from Namimori Middle School include:
- Tsunayoshi Sawada
- Hayato Gokudera
- Takeshi Yamamoto
- Kyoya Hibari
- Ryohei Sasagawa
- Kyoko Sasagawa
- Simon Decimo & Guardians
- Chrome Dokuro
Less important characters from Namimori Middle School include:
- Hana Kurokawa
- Osamu Kaneda
- Nezu Dohachiro
- Longchamp Naito
- Daigoro Ooyama
- Ushio Ooyama
Other characters that live in Namimori:
- Haru Miura attends Midori Middle, an elite all-girls school within walking distance from Namimori, and as such she hangs around the Namimori characters frequently.
- Third Street in Namimori has the best supermarket deals, according to Fuuta's ranking.
- In the Japanese language, 'nami' (並) means 'wave' or 'average' and 'mori' (盛) means 'prime' or 'peak', so 'Namimori' can be roughly translated as 'Average Prime'.
- Namimori has its own newspaper, the Namimori Times.
- There is also an elementary school in Namimori.