| SPOILER WARNING!!
This article contains information from the most recent episode(s) and/or manga chapter(s). It may contain SPOILERS.
Continue reading at your own risk.
|Title||Vongola's First Sun Guardian|
|Team||Vongola Primo & Guardians|
|Weapons||Knuckle's Maximum Break|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 269|
|Anime Debut||Episode 178|
Knuckle (ナックル, Nakkuru) was known as the Vongola Primo's Sun Guardian as well as an undefeated boxing champion. Due to his sheer strength, he accidentally killed (incapacitated in the anime) an opponent during a match and soon after dedicated his life to religion. At his Family's moment of crisis however, he gave himself three minutes to fight and managed to save his friends when they truly needed him. The First Sun Guardian and Ryohei, Vongola Decimo's Sun Guardian have a strong resemblance in their weapon of choice, their way of fighting, their personalities and their physical features.
Knuckle wears a black golden trimmed priest robe with a red scarf around his shoulders. Beneath his priest attire, he wears a white tanktop and black long pants. In Daemon's photograph and flashback, he was once shown to wear shorter priest cloth that only reach to his waist and without his scarf. He has darkish honey colored eyes and dark brown almost black hair. He wears a white bandage over his nose, similar to Ryohei.
After Skull was defeated, he appeared in front of Ryohei and the others and deemed him worthy to inherit the power of the Sun Guardian along with Alaude, who also deemed Hibari worthy. As Hibari requested Alaude to fight him, he commented that Hibari is just like what Alaude used to be like.
Later, at Namimori Shrine, he along with other the Guardians and Primo meet to discuss the trials so far, and the ones yet to come. All of them look worried since the next trial would be Daemon Spade's succession test. At Kokuyo Land, he along with Giotto and the other guardians watched Daemon's trial from afar and one of Guardians who opted to stop Daemon, reminding Giotto that Daemon has taken a different path from them since the very beginning, but Giotto told them just to wait and watch to determine the true worth of the 10th Generation Vongola Family.
Weapons and AbilitiesEdit
Knuckle was a legendary, undefeated boxer said to be the best. However, due to his strength, during a match he accidentally completely incapacitated an opponent. The regret from this incident led him to hang up his gloves and instead serve God. He apparently never stepped foot in the ring again, but once when the family was in danger he gave himself a three minute time limit and used his fists to save the family.
- Boxing: Knuckle uses boxing techniques to perform his Maximum Break.
- Knuckle's Maximum Break: Knuckle's Maximum Break is a pair of boxing gloves and headgear with the Vongola Sun Emblem in the middle. When used by Ryohei it increases his physical boundaries enabling him to become stronger. However, he only gives himself three minutes to finish his foes when activated.
- Younger Knuckle is shown to not have worn the bandage on his noise while older Knuckle does.
- Knuckle and Ryohei have a few similarities:
- Both look very similar.
- Both enjoy boxing.
- They both have a bandage on their nose.
- Knuckle has the same Seiyu as Ryohei.
- Both of them often use the words "to the extreme."
- His relationship with Alaude is similar with Ryohei's relationship with Hibari in the future.
- During the Varia Arc in the battle between Sun Guardians, Lussuria mentioned that the only one that could possibly break the lights with only the force of their punch would be the 1st Generation Sun Guardian of Vongola, Knuckle.
- Both have promised/resolved to stop fighting but fought again anyway. Ryohei promised Kyoko that he wouldn't fight anymore, while Knuckle stopped fighting after killing someone.
- They both have demonstrated that they hate killing people.