She has long, wavy black hair and is usually seen wearing the Namimori Middle School uniform. In the future, her hair is shorter and she wears a black, long-sleeved shirt with a white collar over a short black skirt, as well as a necklace.
She appears more observant and thoughtful than most of the other female characters; she knows that Tsuna has a crush on Kyoko. Also, in the Vongola Tournament, she was the one who realized something was odd with Ryohei Sasagawa and Tsuna. Though she does not know the truth, she remains suspicious of Tsuna's and his friends' activities, even in the future.
She is often seen with Kyoko at school. She has no idea about her classmates being involved with the Mafia, yet she sometimes has suspicions of something strange going on with them, especially when they act weird. She also desperately tries to make contact with her dream boy, the future Lambo, but to no avail, as she often encounters baby Lambo instead.
When Tsuna is shot by the Criticism Shot, Hana appears, complaining about finding Tsuna's language test in the daytime duty journal and how he only scored two points. She comments that he really was no good, and that he needed to try harder if he was to get Kyoko.
In the Future Arc, Hana takes the younger Kyoko to her house, giving her Ryohei's message. It also appears that Hana is now romantically involved with a man, but only a silhouette of the man is shown in the picture of them together.
- In the Reborn! Fandom, her number is 87.
- Hana's name means "flower" or "nose."
- Lambo calls her 'shoo-shoo-hag' because she often shoos Lambo away.
- Hana has a high-rank in the "misunderstanding-induced love at first sight" category.
- It is speculated that Ryohei Sasagawa is the man she is romantically involved with, as both of the pictures in their house are very similar.