|Dying Will Bullet|
|Abilities||Inducing Dying Will Mode|
|Similar Weapons||Dying Will Pill|
|Manga Debut||Chapter 1|
|Anime Debut||Episode 1|
The Dying Will Bullet (死ぬ気弾, Shinuki Dan) is a special weapon created by the Vongola Famiglia. It is made by burying prime bullets in Leon's body for three days. Once it makes contact with a person, they die. If they feel regret when they were shot (with an actual bullet, as in the manga, or with a form of energy, as in the anime), they are reborn with a flame on their forehead. When reborn, the person loses their clothes (besides their underwear) and are capable of amazing feats. This state is called Dying Will Mode. In the Varia Arc, Tsuna is trained to control the energy of the Dying Will Bullet by maintaining Dying Will Mode for longer than the 5 minute limit. As a result of this training, Tsuna is able to go into Hyper Dying Will Mode when shot with a Dying Will Bullet.
The Dying Will Bullet turns all of the person's safety switches off and in exchange for risking their life, they are able to harness great strength. Through regret, the person shot gains overwhelming strength, power and invulnerability. It can also store and release Dying Will Flames; this technique was used by Vongola Settimo with the Dying Will Gun because his Flames were weak and also by Varia leader, Xanxus. Being shot by the bullet causes the person's clothes except underwear to explode. The person will gain a dying will flame on the top of their forehead, and act more passionate. Also should a person be on the verge of death, if they are shot be the bullet and have a regret they are revived. There are distinctly different bullets in the Dying Will set, such as the Iron Stomach Bullet and the Fist Bullet; each has a specific area that they need to be shot such as the head, hand, stomach, or feet. For example, when the Iron Stomach Bullet was used, Tsuna wanted to eat Kyoko's cake but Bianchi swapped it for her Poison Cooking. So, Reborn shot Tsuna in the belly and turned his stomach into an "Iron Stomach," which allowed him to eat Bianchi's Poison Cooking without causing harm to himself.
These are some of the different types of bullets that have been demonstrated:
- Jump Bullet: This was the first alternative shot used in both the manga and the anime. Activated by two shots to the legs, the user becomes capable of jumping at superhuman levels. It appears that it does not require a person to be shot in the forehead (the locational activator for the standard Dying Will Mode) to be activated, as Tsuna did not go into Dying Will Mode when it was used.
- Spring Bullet: Activated when shot in the scalp. The target grows a spring on their head.
- Iron Stomach Bullet: Activated by a shot to the stomach, turning the target's stomach into an "Iron Stomach," which allows them to eat anything, even poison, without causing harm to themselves.
- Fist Bullet: Activated by shots to both hands. It increases the size of the targets hands to abnormal proportions, and thus increases their strength as well.
- Heatproof Skin Bullet: Activated by a shot to the spine, makes the target's skin immune to all forms of heat. Is used in conjunction with the Megaton Punch Bullet.
- Megaton Punch Bullet: One of the few bullets to have been used more than once, it is activated by a three shot combo to the forearm, elbow, and shoulder. It vastly increases the target's punch to megaton level strength, and strong enough to open fault lines in the ground and cause fissures.
- Niramekko Bullet: Activated by shots to the face. It makes the cheeks really huge; allowing the user to stop a fight by making them lose their will to fight. Bianchi was the only one that wasn't affected by this.
- Reborn mentioned that other Mafia Famiglias are now making "altered" versions of the Dying Will Bullets, allowing the user to go into Hyper Dying Will Mode.
- While the Dying Will Bullet has different purposes if shot into different body parts in the manga, the anime has different bullets for each specific body part.
- In the Viz Media English translation, it is known as a "deathperation shot."